Eight Ways to present a character in fiction according to Walter S. Campbell in Writing: Advice and Devices
1. By actions of character
2. By speech of character
3. By effect of the character on other story people
4. By characters reactions to other story people and circumstances
5. By what other story people say about the character
6. By explaining traits and motives of the character
7. By description of the character
8. By analyzing the psychological processes of the character
As always, any topic that will help us improve our writing is fair game in these discussions, so feel free to bring up any of your writing concerns.
The group No Whine, Just Champagne will meet here at this article for a live discussion about writing and the writing life on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 9:00pm ET (8pm CT, 7pm MT, 6pm PT). Hope to see you, but if you can't make it then, the discussion will continue during the days afterward, so please stop by and tell us what you think.